The following method statement has been developed to provide a safe system of work to control and prevent the spread of infection to customers and staff/vehicles before, during and after the hire of our equipment. It describes how we will clean and disinfect the equipment we hire out for sleepover parties or other similar events.
The following items will be cleaned in accordance with the NHS guidance for the Control and Prevention of Infection:
- Bed sheets
- Tent covers
- Cushion covers
1) Bed sheets will be placed in a washing machine and washed with non-biological laundry liquid at 60 degrees. A measure of non-biological laundry antibacterial fluid will be added to each wash. Linen will be removed from the washing machine as soon as it is finished to prevent the growth and spread of bacteria from the damp environment in the machine.
2) Once linen is thoroughly dry, we will wash our hands with soap and dry them with disposable towels. We will place the linen in clean sealed bags and leave them for 72hrs to ensure no virus bacteria remains alive prior to its use.
3) Tents and soft furnishings that cannot be washed at 60 degrees in the washing machine due to potential shrinkage, will be placed in a washing machine and washed with non-biological laundry liquid at 40 degrees. A measure of non-biological laundry antibacterial fluid will be added to each wash. Linen will be removed from the washing machine as soon as it is finished to prevent the growth and spread of bacteria from the damp environment in the machine. Once dry the tents and soft furnishings will be steamed at 60 degrees using a steam cleaner.
4) Mattresses will be sprayed with antibacterial spray and steamed.
The following items will be cleaned in accordance with the UK Government Guidance on cleaning in non-healthcare settings outside the home:
- Plastic trays
- Wooden tent frames and poles
1) All hard surfaces will be washed with a warm solution of a combined detergent disinfectant solution at a dilution of 1,000 parts per million available chlorine (ppm av.cl.) and left to dry naturally.
2) Once dry, we will wash our hands with soap and water and dry them with disposable towels. We will place the equipment into clean storage bags and leave them for 72 hrs to ensure no virus bacteria remains alive prior to its use.
Cross-contamination between households will be eliminated by introducing a rest period of 3 days/72 hours between hire and additional cleaning before and after use.
Adequate PPE, being a mask to be worn during delivery and collection by staff from Fairy Dust Events. Staff will also use hand sanitizing gel before, during and after delivery, set-up and pack down.
Equipment will be thoroughly cleaned /disinfected before it can be rehired. Everything that can be machine washed will be done so at 40 degrees and steamed to eliminate any possible cross-contamination. The wooden poles will be wiped with disinfect.
The client must notify Fairy Dust Events in advance of delivery if there are any members of the household who have tested positive for Covid 19 or are presenting with symptoms in the run-up to hire or during hire. Fairy Dust Events will also notify the hirer if at any point any members of our household become unwell with any symptoms of Covid 19 and reserve the right to cancel the hire if this situation arises. All deposits/payments can be moved to a new date if the hirer/Fairy Dust Events need to cancel because of Coronavirus.
This policy is in addition to the standard risk assessment and terms of hire which must be agreed to prior to hire.
Hiring out during this time is a huge show of trust between customers and Fairy Dust Events. If trust is breached, then Fairy Dust Events will have to stop supplying services immediately. Fairy Dust Events will be strictly adhering to these measures in the hope to prevent any spread of Coronavirus. Despite this, it is impossible to guarantee that no cross-contamination of the virus can happen nor can Fairy Dust Events be blamed for any possible Coronavirus infection.